Saturday, March 19, 2016

Race Relations Day March


This year's Race Relations Day theme is "Welcoming Diversity".
New Zealand is one of the most ethnically diverse nations on earth. It is also one of the most peaceful. The change in our society has happened very fast, in less than a generation. Our newest Kiwis come here, as we all did once, as migrants or refugees.
Our biggest challenge is how we choose to live our lives and what kind of country we let New Zealand become. This Race Relations Day the Human Rights Commission is asking all Kiwis to welcome and get to know the people in your community. What you do makes all the difference.
Human Rights Commission

Today we came together as a whole school in a heart formation. We were hoping to capture an image of how culturally diverse we are at Sunnynook Primary School.


Photograph by Audrey Cadness
Click here for more photographs of our 'heart' for Relations Day
2015 Relations Day

Things To Do In Class

Create a class poster as a visual representation of its diversity. Take a piece of paper and partner up with someone. Draw your partner. Montage all the class drawings together. Take a photograph to share on the blog.
Imagine you are writing a profile to introduce yourself on your class Wiki, join Facebook or a social network site.
Write your profile using only three words to describe who you are. Try not to just think of physical descriptions or personality but also words relating to other factors such as your beliefs, the different communities you belong to and these origins. Share them on the blog.

35 comments:

  1. Kia ora Mrs Dewar and SPS,
    Here are my three words to describe who I am.
    Educator, Active, and Helpful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucas
      Hello Mrs Dewar,
      Here are my three words to describe who I am.
      Bookworm, Smart, and Friendly.

      Delete
  2. Here are my three words

    Sporty
    Helpful
    Kind

    IH

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mrs Dewar and SPS
    Here are three words to describe me
    Funny,happy,cheerful
    Andrew K Room 2

    ReplyDelete
  4. D.Y
    Hi Mrs Dewar and SPS
    Here are my three words to describe who I am.
    Sporty, Smart and Friendly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi mrs dewar and SPS.
    here are the there words to describe me
    sporty,friendly,musical
    Andrew L Room 2.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kia Ora Mrs Dewar and SPS
    here are my 3 words
    sporty, perfect, awesome
    From Brayden
    Room 2

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mrs Dewar,
    Here are my three words
    Happy,sporty,drawing
    Jeff W Room 2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mrs Dewar Here are the three words to describe me
    Sporty,Crafty,Bulgarian
    Kalina

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Mrs. Dewar
    Here are my three words to tell you about me

    Traveling,helping,thankful

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Mrs Dewar and SPS
    Here is my 3 words
    kind of smart,kind of sporty,kind of awesome
    from jun

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi miss dewar these are three words that describe me
    Clever,nice and helpful

    By Sean

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A.F
    Hi Mrs Dewar and SPS
    Here are my three words that describe me.
    Smart,Active and Respectful

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi mrs Dewar
    here are my 3 words to describe me
    Sporty,english,ten
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mrs Dewar these are my three things to describe me
    Crafty,Sporty,Bangali
    From: Zara

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Mrs Dewar,
    Swimming,Basket ball, Art.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Mrs Dewar,
    Here are my three words,
    Funny, active, cooking
    Ivan

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi, Ben
    animal lover


    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Mrs Dewar,
    Crafty sporty nice
    From jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  20. A.A Hi mrs Dewar
    I'am friendly
    l am arty
    quiet

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Mrs dewer 3 words to describe my self are weird,funny, car lover

    ReplyDelete
  22. dear Mrs Dewar

    her are some things to describe me
    friendly ,fast,nice
    from jordanp

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Mrs. Dewar
    Here is my three word to describe me
    Arty,friendlyand animal lover.
    By Grace

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Mrs Dewar
    This is 3 things to describe me---> $_$, soccer and quiet

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Mrs Dewar
    3 words to describe myself
    Chatty,Active,bookworm
    Cherry

    ReplyDelete
  26. Mrs Dewar
    3 words that describe me is
    sporty,active,kind
    David Room 1

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Mrs Dewar
    3 words to describe me is ....
    Sporty , Humorous , A good leader

    Toby W

    ReplyDelete
  28. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  29. Happy Race Relations day SPS :D
    Three words to describe me is,
    Responsible, funny and Active (Like being an active learner :D)
    #From Lucy A

    ReplyDelete
  30. Happy Race Relations day SPS :D
    Three words to describe me is,
    Responsible, funny and Active (Like being an active learner :D)
    #From Lucy A

    ReplyDelete
  31. HI Mrs Dewar
    3 words to describe me are
    #Sensible,#Responsible,#friendly
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  32. Three words describe me are
    Annoying
    Active
    Sporty
    Connor

    ReplyDelete